Would you consider yourself a cautious risk-taker? Are you someone who very naturally possesses the vision to drive big-picture change and growth but will also tend to the details or processes necessary to attain those goals? Would you say you are a self-sufficient visionary leader? Are you serious, direct, and hold yourself and others to high standards? If your answer is yes you may be the right Senior Network Engineer for the HighPoint Team.
We are looking for the best to add to an already accomplished team.
At our core, HighPoint is focused on serving others and that starts with our people. We believe that by putting our employees first we allow them to put our customers first to create long-lasting relationships with everyone that HighPoint engages with. By partnering with people who share our values of honesty, integrity, and trust and who believe in mutual growth and success we create real value for our customers based on tangible business outcomes, underpinned by an unwavering commitment to 33 fundamental behaviors that we call The HighPoint Way.
Travel: Approximately 15%
As a Senior Network Engineer-L3, your primary responsibility is to provide design, consulting, implementation, and support services to HighPoint Solutions’ customers. Engineers at this level have higher-level specializations in one or more areas (Networking, Wireless Networking, Collaboration, Data Center, or Security). This position will act as the technical leader on projects with HPS engineering team members as well as operate independently.
Leadership, Collaboration, and Communication:
- Provide technical leadership for delivering customer’s professional service projects.
- Direct, mentor, and support the engineering team on various projects and technologies.
- Establish executive and technical-level rapport and become a “trusted advisor” with our customers.
- Ensure seamless and streamlined communication and effective problem resolution with attention to detail.
Design and Implementation:
- Demonstrate experience of network topologies, conditions, and optimization strategies.
- Perform and facilitate high-level and low-level design reviews and delivery for proposed solution architectures.
- Design, configuration, and deployment of solutions, encompassing LAN, WAN, Wireless,
Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load balancers, NAC, and other solutions.
- Engineer and configure HPS proposed solutions, providing recommendations, and optimal.
- Implementation strategies, and transformational technology impacts.
- Hands-on experience with Software Defined Networking solutions.
- Hands-on Experience with Automation, Orchestration, and scripting tools.
Problem Solving and Critical Incident Management:
- Analyze and address networking issues, offering top-tier crisis management when necessary.
- Familiarize oneself with customer network planning, implementation, and support processes to facilitate optimal solutions.
- Proficient in creating technical documentation using standard tools, such as Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrate experience producing high-quality documents for customer presentations, including Assessments, As-Builts, Upgrades, Migrations, Implementation, and Test Plans
- Provide regular updates on tasks, challenges, and progress toward set objectives for the Project Management (PM) and the customer.
- Apply business development acumen to recognize potential sales leads and opportunities.
- Relay identifies opportunities for the sales team, ensuring alignment with broader business goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have one or more of the following current certifications: CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional) or CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert).
- Strong experience leading network engineering and implementation projects.
- Ability to execute or delegate and lead teams during project delivery.
- Excellent technical skills in deploying and managing large corporate networks.
- Proven hands-on experience in a fast-changing environment, and working on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Competitive knowledge and experience working with a channel partner, large enterprise or university, service operator (carrier), Network Consulting Services Company, or other relevant industry.
- Strong hands-on experience operating networking equipment
- Experience with network analysis and discovery tools such as NetBrain, Wireshark & SolarWinds
- Experience with Automation and Orchestration management tools such as NDFC, Cisco DNAC (DNA
- Hands-on experience conducting network discoveries and assessments.
- 10+ years of experience with Cisco route and switch, firewalls, and wireless.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience configuring, and troubleshooting Routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF/EIGRP
- Extensive experience with Cisco Nexus and VPC Catalyst 9000 and Cat 6500 VSS, Cisco 9800 Wireless LAN Controllers, and NAC solutions.
- Experience working with public cloud solutions such as AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, and GPC.
- Familiarity with supporting Storage Area Networks (SAN). Load Balancers, VDI, and VMWare.
- Knowledge of current transformational technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things) and big data is a plus.
HighPoint was established in 1996 and has since become a leading technology partner for some of the world’s most prominent IT vendors. The name “HighPoint” was selected to pay tribute to the High Point Monument which is the highest elevation in the state of New Jersey at 1,803 feet – and is located near the childhood home of the company’s founders, brothers Mike and Tom Mendiburu. HighPoint’s logo features a small triangle inside the “P”. This represents the pyramid atop the obelisk found at the peak of High Point State Park.
HighPoint is known as a leader in technology solutions and is consistently recognized by industry experts as a top performer. HighPoint is featured on CRN’s Solution Provider 500 List, is a recent recipient of the Minority Business Supplier of the Year Award by The New York and New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, and is frequently honored by its customers, manufacturers, and suppliers as a distinguished partner.
- Our unwavering commitment to the health, happiness, and success of our employees is undoubtedly a differentiator for us – we’re proud of the many contributions our team makes to the communities in which we work, live, and play.
- We believe that being honest, living a life with integrity, and earning the trust of those around us are guiding principles that we should all employ.
To reach as many candidates as possible, HighPoint leverages numerous job boards and employment posting services to get the word out about available positions.
HighPoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.