We are seeking an energetic, well-rounded career-minded individual who will focus on providing an excellent user service experience as a NOC level 2 support engineer. This individual will be part of our 24/7 NOC team and will be responsible for providing quick resolution to client's issues.
This position will be part of the Managed Services practice (NOC), which provides monitoring and remote/on-site technical support services.
Level: Mid to Senior (5+ years of working experience), non-management
Status: Full Time
Locations: HighPoint NE or SE Region
This position is responsible for providing technical guidance to the network engineer support group. The individual will be responsible for working closely with L1 NOC engineers to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution. He/she will, as the technical advocate, possess strong organizational and communication skills. They will provide uninterrupted service and incident/problem management for client-related requests and monitoring events. In addition, take the lead on all L2 tickets, escalate to the vendor and/or HighPoint L3 resources as needed. Lastly, be part of an on-call rotation schedule while acting as a technical account manager for assigned clients.
- Provide technical guidance to NOC engineering group for clients managed by the HighPoint NOC
- Train other NOC Engineers on new or advanced products and services
- Install, configure, maintain, proactively monitor, and repair all network equipment consisting of, but not limited to, Cisco routers and switches
- Responsible for event notification acknowledgement and correlation via Network Management System (NMS)
- Responsible for monitoring setup and audit to make sure all device KPIs are added to monitoring and have proper alerting profiles enabled
- Proactive review for all system events and logs, identify trends and potential problems
- Support all services and systems for maximum reliability, provide corrective maintenance direction as required
- Investigation and root cause analysis for major outages
- Work with vendors to resolve issues, i.e. Cisco, ATT, Verizon, VMware
- Document issues and resolutions steps by creating and/or contributing technical content for enhancing procedures/SOPs and policy documents for functions within the NOC
- Using strong troubleshooting skills, advanced diagnostic tools and experience to resolve and restore service in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in trouble ticket and technical escalation path forward and resolution
- Responsible for working with customers on troubleshooting, incident resolution, change management, and communicating technical issues
- Work with field technicians in the clearing of troubles and/or network outages
- Escalate to Lead Engineer or NOC Manager as necessary for trouble resolution
- Act an escalation point of contact for 1st Level support
- Expertise on Palo Alto firewalls and panorama management portal a must
- CCNP, equivalent or higher
- Cisco/Switch/Firewall router configuration, ACLs, port/VLAN configuration, VPN, routing protocols but not limited
- Overall security experience with an emphasis on ACL implementation and management
- Advanced routing knowledge (i.e. BGP/OSPF/EIGRP) in enterprise environments
- Cisco VoIP experience and knowledge
- IOS patch management and recommendation
- Troubleshooting complex switch/route issues
- Understanding application layer and dependencies on core network infrastructure
- Knowledge of the latest Cisco technologies
- Troubleshooting application issues
- Configuration and proactive administration of Cisco network infrastructure
- Information systems administration (i.e. VMware, Windows, Linux, Citrix VDI, MS Exchange, O365)
- MPLS experience
- FortiGate, SonicWall firewall skillset
- HP networking experience
- Cisco Firepower experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Seasoned customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail-oriented
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior helpdesk and ticketing system experience is a plus
HighPoint was established in 1996 and has since become a leading technology partner for some of the world's most prominent IT vendors. The name "HighPoint" was selected to pay tribute to the High Point Monument, which is the highest elevation in the state of New Jersey at 1,803 feet – and is located near the childhood home of the company's founders, brothers Mike and Tom Mendiburu. HighPoint's logo features a small triangle inside the "P," representing the pyramid atop the obelisk found at the peak of High Point State Park.
HighPoint is known as a leader in technology solutions and is consistently recognized by industry experts as a top performer. HighPoint is featured on CRN's Solution Provider 500 List, is a recent recipient of the Minority Business Supplier of the Year Award by The New York and New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, and is frequently honored by its customers, manufacturers, and suppliers as a distinguished partner.
- Our unwavering commitment to the health, happiness, and success of our employees is undoubtedly a differentiator for us – we're proud of the many contributions our team makes to the communities in which we work, live, and play.
- We believe that being honest, living a life with integrity, and earning the trust of those around us are guiding principles we should all employ.
HighPoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.