Job Description - Account Manager – I
FLSA Status: Exempt:
Revision/Date: Revision 1.0 / November 19, 2021
General Purpose of the Job:
HighPoint Account Managers are responsible for building and supporting the High Point Customer base. Account managers are asked to perform sales related activities to help prospect, qualify, and close deals with customers enabling continued corporate growth. Additionally, the position is responsible for providing overall account management post sale to named accounts.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Charlotte, North Carolina that will report to the Southeast Director of Sales. The primary focus for HighPoint Account Managers is to:
- Identify new prospects through their network, social networks, outbound customer outreach, and partner channels
- Manage qualified prospects through the sales lifecycle from first contact through contract negotiation and including project kickoff
- Provide high quality account management to ensure high customer satisfaction levels enabling “an unwillingness on our customers part to do business without us”
- Meet or exceed revenue and GM targets to support company growth objectives
• Identify account targets that are “white space” accounts to build or add to a named account territory
• Work within HighPoint (ie. Marketing, Sales Management, Technical Practices) as well as manufacturing partners to generate customer interest
• Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
• Qualifies candidate sales opportunities and sets strategy for pursuit
• Coordinates and assists in presenting solution overviews with regards to enabling business outcomes for our customers
• Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
• Ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer objectives
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
• Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and
• Manage pipeline and sales activity inside CRM tool set
• Forecast monthly/quarterly/yearly sales forecast in support of meeting corporate
• Prepare Account Plans and Account Status Reports
• Associate’s Degree (AA) or Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or five to seven years’
experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Mathematical Ability - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Computer Skills - Contact Management Systems, Spreadsheet Software, and Word
Processing (Microsoft Office) Software
• 2+ years business-to-business sales and/or account management
Job Description – Senior Network Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision/Date: Revision 1.0 – November 22, 2021
General Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Network Engineer role requires advanced computer and network skills. The role requires the engineer to deploy and manage large scale network Infrastructure projects and with strong experience in advanced routing, switching and firewalls configuration.
Senior Network Engineer will also be responsible for implementing network Infrastructure security systems and Wireless and assist teams in deployment of Cisco Unified collaboration and Data Center solutions. Advanced computer skills are important in this position, and knowledge of other essential software such as MS Office, MS Visio, project management and similar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a face paced environment to design, deliver high quality, scalable and innovative network infrastructure, and network infrastructure security solutions.
- Contributes collaboratively within a creative and fast-paced environment to ensure design and delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative, configurable solutions that adhere to the industries and Company’s standards for computing, architecture, cybersecurity and privacy.
- Implement network infrastructure solutions with advanced routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ACI, VXLAN
- Implement Network Infrastructure Security solutions such as Firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto), Network Access Controls (Cisco ISE or Aruba ClearPass, MFA (Cisco Duo or similar)
- Must be able to work with multiple customers and projects and able to certain level manage projects independently
- Must have Hand-on experience in troubleshooting network, wireless and security solutions
- Experience in developing implementation plans, test and pre/post upgrade and migration plans, rollback and backout plan.
- Document the implemented solutions and required artifacts such as Visio diagram, configuration templates and other deliverables defined in the statement of work
- Support implementation of Data Center, Collaboration and Wireless survey and assessments.
Most Critical Business Competencies:
- Technical Skills– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Proven ability to work in a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Project Management – Ability to understand and follow project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within the project budget and schedule; implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue with timely delivery of projects; Conserves organizational resources.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’ Degree or master’s degree or equivalent with minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience in technologies such as network infrastructure (route/switch/wireless), datacenter (compute/storage/backup). Advanced cybersecurity experience is an asset (penetration testing/console assessments/password cracking/social engineering/etc.).
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to commons inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportion to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position will report directly to the EVP of Engineering for North America. HighPoint is experiencing significant growth. High Point has built an unrivalled reputation for building long-term relationships and enabling and ensuring their customers’ success.
Level: Mid-Level, Non-Management
Status: Full Time
Locations: US-NC-Charlotte (combination of remote and office work)
The Executive Assistant will assist the EVP of Engineering in a broad range of activities relating to or involving the successful execution of corporate sales and engineering initiatives. This is a full-time, salaried position based in Charlotte, North Carolina that will report to the Executive Vice President of Engineering. In addition, this position will work closely with members of the executive and senior leadership teams and liaise with the Executive team’s Executive Assistant in matters essential to effectively executing the corporate mission as required.
- Calendar Management: Managing the EVP of Engineering’s calendar (across multiple time zones) and daily schedule to include prioritizing conflicting meeting requests, tracking action items and commitments of executive, and following-up to ensure completion. This will require exceptional organization skills, juggling multiple priorities and keeping a busy executive on track and on
- Meeting Planning and Organization: Assisting EVP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, accommodating technology requirements based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supporting EVP by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answering general questions as necessary, referring (filtering) routine matters to appropriate parties, and following up to ensure proper Taking initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines. Determining when executive action is required and supplying a recommendation where appropriate.
- Travel and Expense Management: Responsible for making in-depth travel arrangements for EVP and managing expenses as
- Special Projects: Providing analytical support to assist EVP on special projects. Researching issues, analyzing problems, compiling data, and preparing At times, assist other members of the Executive and Senior Leadership teams with special assignments or projects as requested.
- Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential matters and Discreet and confidential handling of sensitive company information which could have an immediate impact on the HighPoint Solutions brand, value, performance, or operations if shared beyond intended audience.
In addition to general administrative duties of an Executive Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Specifically, the critical behaviors of this role are:
- To be self-motivated and proactive around needs of the EVP and the Engineering
- Exceptional commitment to managing all facets of day-to-day executive activities with extraordinary attention to detail.
- To be able to work with limited direction and have a take-charge
- To be able to operate successfully with limited direction and ambiguity.
- Use tact, diplomacy and a practical knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsiveness to all levels of
- Have the ability to exercise critical and independent judgement when it comes to the EVP’s calendar and time.
- To be organized and efficient with their own
- To be able to think creatively and calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in
- To earn co-workers respect and have the ability to work with and through others as
The Executive Assistant will have high-energy with a passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, utmost professionalism, and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions.
- EA or equivalent experience; 8+ years’ experience in administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years working at the Executive level. Preferred: BA/BS or equivalent experience; past work experience in the high-tech
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Contact Management Systems, Outlook, Spreadsheet Software, Webex, and Word Processing (Microsoft Office) Software
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating
- Ability to navigate web and email at high competency knowledge.
- Generally, receives no instruction on routine tasks and very little instruction on new
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Detail
HighPoint was established in 1996 and has since become a leading technology partner for some of the world's most prominent IT vendors. The name “HighPoint” was selected to pay tribute to the High Point Monument which is the highest elevation in the state of New Jersey at 1,803 feet – and is located near the childhood home of the company’s founders, brothers Mike and Tom Mendiburu. HighPoint’s logo features a small triangle inside the “P” which represents the pyramid atop the obelisk found at the peak of High Point State Park.
HighPoint is known as a leader in technology solutions and is consistently recognized by industry experts as a top performer – HighPoint is featured on CRN’s Solution Provider 500 List, is a recent recipient of the Minority Business Supplier of the Year Award by The New York and New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, and is frequently honored by its customers, manufacturers, and suppliers as a distinguished partner.
- Our unwavering commitment to the health, happiness, and success of our employees is undoubtedly a differentiator for us – we’re proud the many contributions our team makes to the communities in which we work, live, and
- We believe that being honest, living a life with integrity, and earning the trust of those around us are guiding principles that we should all
To reach as many candidates as possible, HighPoint leverages numerous job boards and employment posting services to get the word out about available positions. Regardless of how you found this role, the easiest way to apply for a position at HighPoint is to visit our LinkedIn careers site and follow the submission instructions posted there.
HighPoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.