We are seeking an energetic, well-rounded, career minded individual, who will function as a Datacenter Security
Engineer. The candidate will be an integral subject matter expert (SME) and have a diverse technology background
to maintain all aspects of our client’s environment. A successful candidate will provide analysis, recommendations
for improvement, and help drive initiatives to completion. The engineer will engage in tactical activities to
continuously improve and meet HighPoint and our client business needs.
This position will be part of Managed Services practice (24x7 NOC) which provides monitoring and remote/on-site
technical support services.
Level: Mid to Senior (8+ years of working experience), non-management
Status: Full Time
Locations: Remote and/or HighPoint NE or SE Region
This position is responsible for providing technical guidance to the network engineer support group. The individual
will be responsible to work closely with all NOC engineers to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution. He/she
will, as the technical advocate, possess strong organizational and communication skills. They will provide
uninterrupted service and incident/problem management for client related requests and monitoring events. In
addition, take a lead on all L2 tickets, escalate to vendor and/or HighPoint L3 resources as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to NOC engineering group for clients managed by the HighPoint NOC
- Train other NOC Engineers on new or advanced products and services
- Responsible for event notification acknowledgement and correlation via Network Management System (NMS)
- Responsible for monitoring setup and audit to make sure all device KPIs are added to monitoring and have proper alerting profiles enabled
- Proactive review for all system events and logs, identify trends and potential problems
- Support all services and systems for maximum reliability, provide corrective maintenance direction as required
- Investigation and root cause analysis for major outages
- Work with vendors to resolve issues, i.e., Cisco, ATT, Verizon, VMware
- Document issues and resolutions steps, by creating and/or contributing technical content for enhancing procedures/SOPs and policy documents for functions within the NOC
- Using strong trouble-shooting skills, advanced diagnostic tools, and experience to resolve and restore service in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in trouble ticket and technical escalation path forward and resolution
- Responsible to work with customers on troubleshooting, incident resolution, change management, and communicating technical issues
- Work with field technicians in the clearing of troubles and/or network outages
- Escalate to Lead Engineer or NOC Manager as necessary for trouble resolution
- Act an escalation point of contact for 1st Level support
- Participate 24x7x365 on call staff coverage
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to investigate open-source software and solutions and extend them to provide custom solutions
- Basic understanding in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
- Basic understanding with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders
- Basic understanding of Security Operations and Integration in an Enterprise environment
- Ability to maintain XenApp and XenDesktop images
- Strong knowledge and working experience of desktop imaging and deployment mechanisms leveraging technologies like Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Windows ADK and WDS
- Strong knowledge and working experience with designing, implementing, and supporting different Virtualization technology including VMware, Nutanix, and Acropolis
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Patching tools such as Managed Engine and SolarWinds
- Experience with different storage technologies and connectivity including iSCSI and NFS
- Excellent and proven knowledge of Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Windows Server, Office365, Active Directory, Clustered File Services, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, PKI, etc.
- Knowledge automation and scripting languages (PowerShell knowledge preferred)
- Experience with third-party SSO providers
- Experience with enterprise backup configuration and data recovery
- Understanding application layer and dependencies on core network infrastructure
- Troubleshooting application issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Seasoned customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior helpdesk and ticketing system experience is a plus
The NOC Manager's role is to supervise and ensure the efficient operation of HighPoint and client's network, servers, data center, and associated equipment and software. This includes managing the NOC staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing network and hardware problems. The NOC Manager will also work closely with Managed Services leadership team to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the Managed Services organization.
Level: Senior-Level (10+ years of working experience)
Status: Full Time
Locations: US-NJ-Sparta, US-NC-Charlotte
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty in a
24x7x365 environment. The responsibilities and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Strategy & Planning
• Lead HighPoint Managed Services operational planning and projects and organize and negotiate the
allocation of NOC resources.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology
• Ensure the efficient utilization of NOC resources – including personnel and equipment – across the
• Manage staffing levels for the NOC and recommend new resources based on organization and client
• Coach and mentor engineers to ensure personnel are working issues as efficiently and accurately as
possible in a team oriented professional culture.
• Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
• Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for incident
management, change management, and problem management.
• Willing to take ownership and provide other duties as assigned.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of HighPoint
and Client systems, including networks, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems, and associated
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for NOC spending and initiatives.
• Approve purchase of equipment and supplies to meet operational requirements of the business.
• Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of HighPoint
and Client network infrastructure and IT systems.
• Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of
• Develop requests for proposal.
• Ensure adequate coverage for the 24x7x365 environment so that the network infrastructure is always
running effectively, which includes continuous monitoring of all services and ensuring that every
reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
• Manage NOC staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and
• Manage and report on NOC KPIs/SLAs related to incident, problem, and change management.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s and
client’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent NOC activities.
• Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio.
• Assist in the overseeing of internal end-user services, including help desk and technical support
• Administer performance reviews and implement changes accordingly.
Education & Certification
• Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 10 years
equivalent work experience.
• CCNA, CCNP, CCIE a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• 6+ years’ experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide technical solutions across Network,
Cloud, and/or Security focus areas.
• 5+ years’ experience managing a high-volume Network Operations Center.
• Exceptional technical knowledge of IT Operations and Support across Network, Cloud, and/or Security
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, modems,
network interface cards, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP.
• Understanding of orchestration and automation methodologies pertaining to the specific needs of a
managed services provider
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and
• Experience in a Managed Services environment.
• Experience with Autotask and Logic Monitor a plus.
• Experience in Public Cloud architectures (Azure/AWS) are a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Exceptional documentation & technical writing skills.
• Passionate about providing a high quality of service and believes in relentless customer satisfaction.
• Promote a strong work ethic with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines.
• Ability to maintain ownership & independence in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
• Ability to maintain a sense of professionalism & urgency in all customer communications.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
• US Citizen
• Background Investigation
HighPoint was established in 1996 and has since become a leading technology partner for some of the world's
most prominent IT vendors. The name “HighPoint” was selected to pay tribute to the High Point Monument
which is the highest elevation in the state of New Jersey at 1,803 feet – and is located near the childhood home
of the company’s founders, brothers Mike and Tom Mendiburu. HighPoint’s logo features a small triangle inside
the “P” which represents the pyramid atop the obelisk found at the peak of High Point State Park.
HighPoint is known as a leader in technology solutions and is consistently recognized by industry experts as a
top performer – HighPoint is featured on CRN’s Solution Provider 500 List, is a recent recipient of the Minority
Business Supplier of the Year Award by The New York and New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council,
and is frequently honored by its customers, manufacturers, and suppliers as a distinguished partner.
• Our unwavering commitment to the health, happiness, and success of our employees is undoubtedly a
differentiator for us – we’re proud the many contributions our team makes to the communities in which
we work, live, and play.
• We believe that being honest, living a life with integrity, and earning the trust of those around us are
guiding principles that we should all employ.
To reach as many candidates as possible, HighPoint leverages numerous job boards and employment posting
services to get the word out about available positions. Regardless of how you found this role, the easiest way
to apply for a position at HighPoint is to visit our LinkedIn careers site and follow the submission instructions
HighPoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.